The Cardiopulmonary Department at Kane Community Hospital offers such services as:
- Exercise and Pharmacological Stress Testing
- Nuclear and Echocardiography Stress Testing
- 24 Hour Holter Monitors
- 30 Day Event Monitors
- Cardiac Clinics by UPMC Hamot Cardiologists
- Telemedicine with Hamot Physicians
- Arterial Blood Gases (ABG’S)
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT’S)
- All forms of Respiratory Care Services
- Oxygen Desaturation Studies
The Hours of operation are as follows:
Cardiac Lab: 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. - Monday through Friday
Respiratory: 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday
6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m on Sunday and holidays
All testing with the exception of EKGs requires an appointment.
Also some private insurances require written prior authorization prior to being performed.
The staff consists of:
- RNs certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Board certified Echocardiogram Technologist who is also Advanced Cardiac Life Support certified.
- Board certified Respiratory Therapists who are also Basic Cardiac Life Support certified.
All of these services are performed under the direction of two physicians of Internal Medicine.
Whenever Respiratory Therapy is not in-house, they are on call and available as needed.